
Well, at long last, my first new Harley.
Picked up a brand, spankin' new 2006 FLHXI Street Glide this past weekend at House of Thunder Harley-Davidson in Morgan Hill, California. To say that there's a permanent grin affixed to my face is an understatement. After months of renting HD's on the weekends, its sooooo nice to have a new baby to call my own.
Struggled for a long time with which HD to get. Everything except the two ends of the spectrum was under consideration (no Sporster, no Ultra). The new Street Bob is great - particularly with al l the changes they've made to the Dyna platform for '06. Goodness knows I was more impressed with the VROD I rented in Switzerland this summer than I'd expected to be. The new fat tire Fat Boy certainly has it's attractions. Decisions, decisions.
It all came down to my wanting a bike for the long haul, but still "streetable". Plus the slammed look just says "bad ass" to me more than most other models (though the Low Rider, Night Rod and Street Bob all do the same in their own way.)
Was only able to put 270 miles or so on it, and seeing as how I have to be back on the East Coast this weekend, I'm gonna be eager when I get back to put some miles on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment